The PDI Energy business group focuses on producing energy from renewable energy sources including solar, wind power, hydropower, biomass and biogas.
Currently, PDI places its main emphasis on solar energy with a plan to invest in solar farms both in Thailand and overseas. Over the next 3 years, the Company aims for a total solar power production capacity of 150 megawatts, with a total investment budget of 10 billion Baht. So far over 5 billion Baht has been invested in solar farms, of which 1.8 billion Baht PDI’s equity:
PDI Thai Solar:
- 30 MW PDI Solar Farms: PDI successfully acquired 100% shares in Symbior Elements Pte., Ltd. with an investment of 1.3 billion Baht on September 15, 2017. This includes a total of 6 operating solar farms located in Prachinburi, Samut Sakhon and Khon Kaen. The solar farms have been producing and selling electricity to the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA), under a 25-year power purchase agreement under either an adder of 8 Baht for 10 years or a 5.66 Baht feed-in-tariff scheme.
- 3 MW Mae Ramat Solar Farm in Tak: This operating solar farm is located in Kha-Ne-Jue District, Mae Ramat Sub-District. PDI Energy holds a 99.99% stake in PDI Mae Ramat Co., Ltd. The acquisition was successfully completed on December 26, 2016. The farm has been producing and selling electricity to the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) since December 26, 2013, under a 25-year power purchase agreement under an adder of 6.50 Baht for 10 years scheme.
PDI Asia Solar
- 3 MW Nanao Solar Farm: This project started commercial operations in October 2016, and is currently producing 10% above the initial target.
- 8 MW Nogata Solar Farm: This project finalized construction late 2017, with a commercial operation date on March 1, 2018.
- Developing projects in Japan up to 30 MW