Personnel and Safety
Over the course of the year, the company has adjusted its organizational structure while continuing to develop human resources in an effort to adapt to recent economic uncertainties and changes in its own business framework. In doing so, the company's overall potential has been strengthened, ensuring competitiveness for the years ahead.
Management of human resources is one important aspect for competitiveness that has been improved upon during 2001. The company has been taken steps to modify its compensation program for employees to encourage loyalty to the company for the long term and to be competitive with leading companies in the industry. Through progressive management that rewards employees based on quality of work performance and accountability, the company implements a comprehensive work performance evaluation system to determine equitable compensation for employees. Recruitment of new employees has been carried out to fill key job positions essential to the effectiveness and efficiency of the company. At the same time, training programs and seminars are held regularly to increase employees skills and knowledge to keep up to date with new technologies such as network information systems and ISO monitoring systems.
In term of personnel statistics, as of December 2001, the total number of company employees stood at 750. Approximately 25% of employees have been completed a univerty or a bachelor degree, while 53% have earned an associate degree or diploma or certificate. The remaining propertions of employees have received academic training lower than diploma or certificate level. The largest majority of employees reside in Tak province and the northern region of the country, which is the location of the company's zinc smelter and mine. Median age of employees is only 38 years, while average year of service with the company is 12 years. Employee turnover rate for the past year was only 3.06% considered to be low, in light of current labor market conditions.
Safety has always been among the top of the company's policy priorities in conducting operations and therefore it is the duty and responsibility of every employee to work collectively in compliance with laws and regulations specified by governmental authorities. For this reason, the company is serious in promoting and facilitating knowledge, understanding and awareness of safety in the workplace by sponsoring seminars and assessing performance in order to ensure accurate compliance to these measures. As a result, the company's safety record has improved, most notably at the Calcine plant, which has not experienced and accident, serious enough to interrupt operations, over the past two years, surpassing 500,000 man-hours worked. At the same time, the Tak smelter also has reached excellent safety performance, achieving 1,000,000 man-hours without an accident. Moreover, in the upcoming year, the Tak smelter will put in place a safety risk management plan in line with TIS 18001 or Thai Industrial Standards of the Ministry of Industry.
Number of Employees 1997-2000
2001 Number of employees 750 persons
2000 Number of employees 759 persons
1999 Number of employees 807 persons
1998 Number of employees 811 persons
1997 Number of employees 820 persons
We, the sole manufacturer of zinc metal in Thailand and Southeast Asia, are looking for a high caliber professionals to join our dynamic team in the following positions:
Accountants (Bangkok Office)
- Supporting in preparation of AP, AR with 0-3 years of experience (1 position)
- Supporting in preparation of all function of accounting and finance, mainly in consolidation, Tax management, quarterly report, financial instrument and loan with 3-5 years of experience and CPA will be an advantage. (1 position)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or other related fields
- Strong analytical, pro-active, organizational and interpersonal skill
Secretary (Bangkok Office)
- Reporting directly to Chief Executive Officer, she will be responsible for carrying out the executive and secretarial duties including routine business correspondence.
- Bachelor's degree in English, secretarial or other related fields
- 3-5 years experience in secretarial work
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Pleasant personality and service-minded
Officer - Sales (Bangkok Office)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- 1-2 years experience in import & export or selling metal will be advantageous
- Good personality and service minded
Officer - Personnel (Bangkok Office)
- Supporting HR activities and employee relations for Bangkok Office and Sites
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Political Sciences, Law, Business Administration or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in HR field
- Good knowledge of HR concepts and Employee Relations
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal skills and service-minded
Engineer - Quality System Management (Tak Plant)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- 0 - 3 years experience in Quality System or Production Control or QC
- Good quality training skills and familiarity with ISO system
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; knowledge of statistical tools and computer software will be an advantage
Officer - Public Relations (Tak Plant)
- Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications or other related fields
- At least 2 years experience in Public Relations functions
- Background of using media: Printed Materials, VDO, Camera, and Digital Camera
- Pleasant personality and interpersonal skills
All positions require Thai Nationality, GPA 2.5 or higher, good command of written and spoken English and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Please send your application, of career to date, present salary and a recent photograph to the address below.
Padaeng Industry Public Company Limited
26th - 27th. Floor CTI Tower, 191/18-25 Rachadaphisek Rd.,
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel. 661-9900 Fax 261-1110
E-mail: [email protected]
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.